Eleanor Cooper is an Auckland based artist. Recent exhibitions include Hermes’ Lack of Words at Artspace and Mount Eden Information Kiosk at Split Fountain gallery. She completed her honours degree in Fine Arts and BA in Philosophy at the University of Auckland in 2012.
- "The booted foot pacing over hard, even pavement need be paid almost no heed by the mind of the city walker."
- "Have we given up the ability to experience our surroundings and swapped a walked world of rich sensory experiences for a star-blasted phantasmagoria?"
- "The berries are edible but dry your mouth."
- "Walking is a way to collect information and reflect upon our "
- "The new Millennium arrived as a dialectic between secrecy and openness; between consolidation and dispersal of power; between privatization and public ownership; power and life, and walking has as ever been on the side of the latter."
- "It is a fundamental and universal human activity and belonged to us long before our immersion in capital."
- "is a profoundly social activity [."
- "A leading theory holds that we developed as persistence hunters."
- "Capitalism depends heavily on the alienation of individuals as they devote themselves ‘body and soul’ to the technical apparatus."
- "Sociologist Antonio Negri declares bleakly, ‘There is no outside to our world of real subsumption of society under capital."