Henri Carlos and Guy Cohn are two figures of responsibility. In a world in which taking responsibility in any meaningful sense is obscured and policed, Carlos and Cohn present themselves as more than happy to take it. They insist on putting forward the necessity of an end to social relations dictated by capital, and to exposing the chances for the construction of a world beyond capitalist democracy. Their desire for forms of action, thought lost to the past, whether it be shutting down streets or holding universities captive, is not a nostalgia, but a beginning.
- "For us, the existence of such potential had a strong correspondence to what could be more or less openly studied in the different spaces of the university."
- "Evidence of their membership is found in the small deeds of introducing each other to ideas that expose the contingency of the present way of things, and their atomised resistance to the power that bears down upon them."
- "Students have always had to defend themselves; we have had to defend ourselves!"
- "Subjectivation, as organisation, need not necessarily take the form of an organisation; it is better conceptualised as the process of organisation itself, from which an organisation, or many organisations, may or may not be found to be necessary."
- "It is only when we reject the imposition of oneness by the world as it is that the truth can be written!"
- "We proposed that this was merely a possible phrasing of the claim that had surged forth from our collective enquiries; it was far better understood as a slogan than an identity, and all slogans are quickly saturated!"
- "The impulsive desire towards formalising a group with a coherent identity seemed almost to universally have the consequence of de-subjectivation and contraction; we would not let our desire be subsumed by such pettiness!"
- "Thought in this environment is something more often than not foreclosed or confined."
- "It is in this Party of the Imaginary that we found each other."
- "So-called knowledge is contained, numerated and circulated."