Verity Mensonage and Marcus Karlsberg are a couple of washed up academics from a profligate institution that only ever had fleeting existence in the fugitive inbetweens of fantasy, friendship and the imposition of reality in severalty. They remain optimistic and still find life in the street, the pub, the park, the street Party, and the pages of those books whose authors managed to resist the unceasing demands to professionalise or otherwise polish themselves slick. They believe in full communism and the infinite debt of planetary reparation.
- "To date, the UfSO has operated as a framework for the collective production of political activity, as a space for study, discussion and collective writing, as well as delivering a course of performative lecture interventions in public spaces ranging from banks to supermarkets."
- "That Chelsea show was good for that, and we’d fobbed them off with an old, cut-up colouring book, a copy of Capital and a few dozen cocktail sausages."
- "We gave the finger to Tesco, we held a conference in a kettle—a place that felt more like a medieval battlefield as certain of the throng managed to storm the treasury."
- "It didn’t make the cut with the curatorial team for some reason, so instead we led them on an aimless parade to nowhere, like we’d been on ourselves so many times."
- "Recollections of taking a piss in the centre of Parliament Square flood back, looking up at spires, brittle with a spiteful pretense at those same, false architectural claims to authority the church had been heaping on us for centuries."
- ".] moves out to encounter study in general."
- "He had a steely eye and broad grin, and walked with a stick after the cops beat him up, he’d seen worse though, when he’d fled his home after the revolution there, especially to be our godfather and supply us with cigarettes I think."
- "Some like- minded strangers in New York set up an international branch and carried out like-minded interventions."
- "The radical past can only be accessed in flattened and posterised form, all is leveled for exchange with the present—please complete a CaptchaTM before commenting so that we know your avatar is linked to a real ."
- "The passage from the classroom—to the differently organised and political classroom—to the bank-as classroom—to the video of bank as classroom—performs a mapping function."